THE TOP MOVING COMPANY IN ALPHARETTA, GA, PROVIDES TIPS ON PACKING FRAMED ART
When the moving company you’ve hired for your relocation in the Alpharetta, Georgia, area arrives on moving day, you’ll want to be sure that everything is packed and ready to go. Packing non-fragile items in boxes can be a straightforward task for most, but what about packing delicate items, such as art work and pictures in frames?
As a top moving company in Alpharetta, we have gained a lot of experience in this area. Here are our tips for preparing framed artwork for transportation:
- Obtain an unassembled box for each piece of art that is slightly larger than the piece itself, as well as bubble wrap.
- Keep the box flat, and tape one end shut with packing tape.
- Wrap the entire piece of artwork in bubble wrap, also securing it with packing tape.
- Slide the piece into the open end of the box, and then tape it shut.
- Write the name of the room in which the artwork will be going on the box as well as “FRAGILE” in large, noticeable letters.
- If you are transporting the artwork yourself instead of using a moving company, then place the picture on its side in the truck, not flat. The frame is better able to withstand pressure this way.
As a full service moving company, Buckhead Movers is happy to help with transporting as well as packing your artwork. Contact us today to learn more about the many ways we can assist with your move in the Alpharetta, GA, area.